Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Cherry Salsa
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 6 (serving size: about 4 potato wedges and 1/3 cup salsa)
Fresh cherries have a meaty texture that holds up well in a zingy, spicy salsa, much like small tomatoes. Get ahead by steaming and refrigerating the sweet potato wedges, but make the salsa just before you serve so the flavors stay vibrant. Pair this summery side with a traditional barbecue spread or with a taco bar
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-in.-thick wedges (about 18 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 13 oz.)
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Calories 149
- Fat 2.9g
- Satfat 0.3g
- Monofat 1.6g
- Polyfat 0.8g
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 4g
- Cholesterol 0.0mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 252mg
- Calcium 42mg
- Sugars 12g
- Est. added sugars g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
Fill a large saucepan with water to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil. Insert steamer basket. Add sweet potato wedges; cover, and steam 10 minutes. Combine potatoes, oil, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; toss.
Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Add potatoes to grill; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Place potatoes on a platter.
Combine remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, cherries, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; spoon over potatoes.