Slow cooker chicken, tomato and chickpea curry recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
A very mild slow cooker chicken curry with tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas and added vegetables. It requires very little prep time which is an added bonus!
8 people made this
- 400ml tomato passata
- 150ml coconut milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- ground black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:4hr5min ›Ready in:4hr20min
- Combine tomato passata, coconut milk, chicken stock, curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker. Add chicken, chickpeas, potatoes, carrots and onion. Mix well with the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low. Add peas and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Divide amongst plates and sprinkle with fresh coriander.